HCPC Reg Counselling Psychologist
My specialist interest is in the treatment of eating disorders and distress, and associated issues such as anxiety, depression, poor body image and low self-esteem. I have experience with binge-eating, overeating and emotional eating issues.
I can support you to develop a balanced and healthy approach to food and your body image, helping you make changes in line with your values so that you can live a more fulfilling life.
I have a breadth of clinical experience working within the NHS, charity organisations and the private sector. This includes working within an NHS occupational health service, a university student counselling service and a black and minority ethnic service, and with a local eating disorders organisation. Recently, my experience also includes working as a senior psychologist in an NHS weight management service and as a specialist bariatric psychologist. In my private practice I have worked effectively with people who were facing a wide range of emotional issues and I am passionate about supporting people to achieve emotional wellbeing.
- Health Professions Council (HPC) Registered Practitioner Psychologist.You can check my details at the following website: www.hpcheck.org.
- Chartered Psychologist The British Psychological Society
- Full member of the Division of Counselling Psychology
- Doctorate in Counselling Psychology
- MSc Nutrition and Psychological Sciences
- BSc (hons) Psychology
- NCFE Certificate in Counselling Skills, Level 1, 2 and 3
My approach is holistic and personalised to you. This means I consider all aspects of the person in what may be contributing to your difficulties.